This is definitely one of the most interesting, creative, and fun ideas I’ve seen online in a long time.
Nathaniel Houghteling and Kai Hasson were fed up with day jobs staring at computers all day, so they quit and did the most logical thing ever…decided to become amateur boxers (oh, and created a brand and business model around it).
Enter White Collar Brawler. Nate and Kai have documented the entire process and have turned into one of the hottest web shows of 2010 with two episodes released a week online.
Possibly even more interesting is the business model behind White Collar Brawler, the vision for the brand, how they are tapping into social media to create experiences online and off…and much more.
In this interview, Nate and Kai give us a rare behind-the-scenes look, including:
- Where the idea came from.
- Why they decided to create White Collar Brawler.
- How they got this going. Budget? Crew? Team?
- Why they decided to release two shows a week.
- The keys to marketing the show.
- Their business model. Where is the bling coming from?
- How they have leveraged social media to create a loyal following.
- What they are hoping the series accomplishes.
- Advice for people thinking about doing their own web show.
- …and much, much, more.
This is one of those interviews that I was extra excited about and there are some delicious nuggets and takeaways here for any creative entrepreneur.
Connect With White Collar Brawler (and tell them you saw them on RISE!):
This Episode Is SUPER Proudly Sponsored By YP.com
Check out YP.com as an alternative next time you are searching for something…especially local search.
Download the introduction and first chapter of my upcoming book, Smarter, Faster, Cheaper, right here!
Make sure to circle back. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #141: How the Founder of Shoeboxed.com Created One of the Hottest Tools On the Web For Entrepreneurs
- RISE #140: How Danny Brown Put Himself On The Social Media Map
- RISE #139: How Rizzo Tees Moonlighted His Way To Online Royalty
- RISE #138: Can The Art Of Storytelling Be Turned Into A Business Model?
- RISE #137: Learn How Tim Ferriss Created An International Sensation For Less Than $10,000 & How He Plans On Doing It Again
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Tuesday and Thursday (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than two months away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).