A few months ago, I wrote a post up on social media sites about how I changed my business from a massive stressfest to funfest over a one year period. While I’ll be sharing that story soon, today’s guests Shannon Ward and Diana Stirling from PretirementLiving.com share their story about big and little shifts they made from their business and life today on the show. Just a couple of years ago they were stuck in their own business (and office building), overworked, ridiculously stressed and hating the business they started even though it appeared on paper that it was “successful”. And now they have changed the game and are inspiring others to do the same. Here is how they did it:
I use RISE partner Wistia for video hosting because they rock. Check ’em out.
Audio Only Player
About Today’s Guests, Shannon Ward and Diana Stirling:
And by the way, this is a really cool email Shannon sent me about why they would be the perfect guests on the show:
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Interview Us for The Rise to the Top:
1. We’re Pretired, meaning we don’t put off living out our dreams until retirement and we’re living life to the fullest NOW!
2. Having children has inspired us to live our lives to the fullest, rather than created an excuse to let go of our dreams (ex. I went skydiving for the first time after my first child was born).
3. We’ve spent more than 13 months living in tropical destinations over the past three years.
4. Our offices have included coffee shops, boat decks, beachfront decks, and even mountain tops. In fact, my current commute is via gondola to the top of Whistler Mountain (site of the 2010 Winter Olympics) and Diana’s office is in a cartoon boat at an amusement park (seriously…see attached pics).
5. We’ve introduced our kids to 6 new countries and cultures in the past 3 years.
6. I discovered a passion for surfing at age 34.
7. We spend an average of 8 months a year in flip flops.
8. We have contributed an estimated $18K to 35 charities in our communities in the past year, and we also give as much of our time as possible.
9. We are a couple of the most tech savvy women you’ll meet and use technology to facilitate our Pretired lifestyle.
10. Through our blog PretirementLiving.com we’re empowering women to rewrite the “rules” of entrepreneurship and motherhood by showing them how to build businesses that create financial wealth, freedom and fulfillment so they can live life now!
This Episode Of The Rise To The Top Is Exclusively Sponsored By HubSpot:
Today’s The Rise To The Top episode is sponsored by HubSpot, which wants to help you learn how to use Facebook to grow your business. Facebook is the most popular social network (and I can tell you from experience ALWAYS one of our top three traffic referrers to The Rise To The Top), and with over 750 million users, it can serve as an important marketing tool for any business. Face it: your prospects are on Facebook whether you like it or not. Learn how to start using Facebook to achieve your business goals today. Download HubSpot’s free ebook today at www.hubspot.com/risetothetop.
Bandwidth and Hosting Sponsored By Shopify:
Shopify makes opening an online story easy. So if you’ve ever wanted to open an online store, now’s the time. Here’s why: The Shopify Build Your Business Contest has over $500,000 in money and prizes. Grand Prize winners will meet and talk with (three former RISE guests!) Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin and Gary Vaynerchuk, plus much more. Also, by entering the promo code “RISE” when you set up your store, you will get two months free (SWEET!).
Subscribe To The Rise To The Top Updates:
You can join the 200,000+ The Rise To The Top enthusiasts by becoming a subscriber absolutely free.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #240: Steal These Ideas: How Jonathan Fields Is Marketing His New Book “Uncertainty”
- RISE #239: A Discussion on Financial Freedom and Doing What You Love on the Internet with TheNonConformistFamily’s Josh Gordon
- RISE #238: 50 Minutes of Awesome Internet Marketing Tips with the Best Internet Marketer You’ve Never Heard Of
- RISE #237: Ms. Bikini Universe Lori Harder Dishes on Getting Fit and Eating More Awesomely
- RISE #236: Need Some Inspiration To Follow Your Passion? Take Notes From Today’s Guests, Justin and Chaunna Brooke
Show the world you are fluff-free with an official fluff-free t-shirt!
Have you nabbed a copy of my book Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business? You can grab the first chapter for free right here, and you can buy it on Amazon or anywhere books are sold.