I use RISE partner Wistia for video hosting because they rock. Check ’em out.
Audio Only Player
Our first ever Kiwi on the show today (which probably explains the semi-crappy Internet connection). I’ve known Natalie for years and I can tell you one thing: She is doing it right. I remember when Natalie was literally couchsurfing and now her business is making six-figures and will grow as big as she wants it to.
When it comes to turning a fun passion into a business without any experience, Natalie has a great story of building The Suitcase Entrepreneur and has put herself on the map very quickly.
In this interview, Natalie spills the beans on everything – how her business works, mistakes and lessons, key victories, and much more.
PS: As mentioned in the interview, if you need some great helping hands to help you turn your passion and knowledge into a business, the WE Mastermind with Natalie Sisson and Natalie MacNeil might be an awesome fit for you. You can check out the deets here through my affiliate link.
About Today’s Guest, Natalie Sisson:
In her own words:
I’m passionate about two things: creating freedom in business and adventure in life.
I’m addicted to sharing how to best use online tools, social media and outsourcing to streamline your business, create excellent systems, and to ensure you can have a life and a successful business at the same time.
My business focuses on some key areas:
1. Online Publishing – The Suitcase Entrepreneur is a highly popular blog with over 10,000 unique visitors per month. The blog caters to women entrepreneurs in particular who want to create freedom in business and adventure in life by learning creative ways to run a business from anywhere. This include blog articles, video, resources, a podcast and tools.
2. Products and Programs – The Biz Shop features the Social Media Bootcamp online program, Passport to Business Freedom program, Ultimate Entrepreneur’s Toolkit, and BYOB: Build Your Online Business book.
3. Personal Training – I offer business design coaching and social media personal training for small businesses on integrated marketing, effective use of social media, brand visibility and authority, and business growth method.
4. Partnerships – Collaborations with experts to provide online programs, such as Passport to Business Freedom Program and the new Women Entrepreneur’s Membership Mastermind site.
I’ve accumulated over 9 years of rich international experience across the full marketing spectrum including brand and product management, events, communications, business development, research and budgeting and of course social media.
Among other things I am a World Champion in Beach Ultimate and broke a World Record for Dragon Boating across the English Channel. I adore travel and adventure.
Connect With Natalie (and tell her you saw her on RISE!):
This Episode Of The Rise To The Top Is Exclusively Sponsored By HubSpot:
Today’s Rise To The Top show is sponsored by HubSpot, which wants to help your marketing take full advantage of the exploding mobile market. In HubSpot’s free Mobile Marketing Kit, you’ll get proven marketing strategies to reach the mobile market, everything you need to know about QR codes and how to use them, and marketing tips to maximize the release of your iPad app. Download your free kit today at www.hubspot.com/risetothetop.
Subscribe To RISE:
You can join the 100,000+ RISE enthusiasts and catch new episodes every week, featuring conversations with unique guests on TheRiseToTheTop.com, as well as iTunes (video and audio) and now on your television via Roku and Connected TV.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #228: How Brett McKay Turned A Passion For Reclaiming The Lost Art Of Manliness Into A Unique Business
- RISE #227: From MSNBC to FOX: How Carol Roth Has Made A Name For Herself Through Media
- RISE #226: How Unconventional Entrepreneur Ria Sharon Overhauled Her Business To Spend More Time With Her Kids
- RISE #225: Trial & Error: How Corinne Prevot Has Built Her Unique Ski Hat Company SKIDA Into A Six-Figure Business While Still In College
- RISE #224: From Architect To Winepreneur: The Inside Story Of STLWineGirl Angie Ortmann’s Unconventional Wine Empire
Show the world you are fluff-free with an official fluff-free t-shirt!
Have you nabbed a copy of my book Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business? You can grab the first chapter for free right here, and you can buy it on Amazon or anywhere books are sold.