This is one of those interviews that makes me giddy like a little school boy. Why? For one thing, Tim Ferriss is a personal hero of mine. I read his first book (and sensation) The 4-Hour Workweek right when it came out in 2007 and was immediately hooked on how Tim thinks (hint: differently). Second, Tim is an incredible marketer who taps into creativity and does things smarter, faster, cheaper, and there are zillions of takeaways from it that might change your thinking. Finally, he is freaking hard to get for an interview as he doesn’t do a ton of media. What does this all add up to? A firestorm of awesome in this interview (or something like that).
Plus, spoiler alert, there is an EXCLUSIVE (literal) look at Tim’s new book (just announced!): The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman (awesome title!) (Amazon link).
In this interview, I pick Tim’s brain on:
- The shift from the 4-Hour Workweek to the 4-Hour Body. Why did he decide to go this route from a business, marketing, and personal perspective?
- The business behind his books.
- How has his perspective on marketing and promoting changed since the first book became an international phenomenon?
- How he spent less than $10,000 and successfully took the 4-Hour Workweek to the New York Times Best Seller List.
- The best approach for forming genuine relationships with bloggers.
- The difference between hard selling and soft selling (and what it means for your brand).
- How Tim Ferriss makes money.
- An alternative to the typical “author model” of write a book and then speak/consult.
- His advice for creative entrepreneurs like all of us.
- Plus, much, much, much more.
Grab a cup of coffee or some tea and enjoy! Have a thought or two or a question? Leave it below!
Connect With Tim (and tell him you saw him on RISE!):
This Episode Is EVER So Proudly Sponsored By: On The Run Mobil
Head over to On The Run’s website to sign up for the home team and get special deals on things like food and gas right to your email. Sweet. Plus, you can get 3 Monster Energy drinks for $5. If you drink all three at once, please record it on video and send it to me. Haha. Seriously. Do it.
Interested in sponsoring an episode (or more) of RISE? Let’s chat.
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (Tuesday and Thursday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than two months away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).