When I first heard about what Shoeboxed.com does, I had the same reaction I bet a lot of people have:
- Awesome idea.
- Why didn’t I think of that? (hah!)
Today’s interview is with Taylor Mingos who did think of that and has created one of the hottest web tools for entrepreneurs.
In this “tell all” interview with Taylor, he lets us all in on how he has built Shoeboxed.com to date, including:
- Why he decided to start the company.
- What he did first to get it going.
- Did he have to raise outside money or was Shoeboxed bootstrapped?
- How Shoeboxed created partnerships with other web apps such as FreshBooks and Bill.com.
- The keys to marketing and promoting Shoeboxed, including press in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and TechCrunch.
- …plus mistakes made, lessons learned, advice, and much more.
As always, would love to hear your thoughts, takeaways, and ideas sparked for your business from this interview (that is the whole point of RISE…learn from awesome, interesting, and creative entrepreneurs!).
Connect With Taylor & Shoeboxed:
This Episode Is EVER So Proudly Sponsored By: On The Run Mobil
Head over to On The Run’s website to sign up for the home team and get special deals on things like food and gas right to your email. Sweet. Oh, and they wanted me to tell you about $4 Rain X Wash Mondays…only $2 after a Rams win (Go Rams!).
Download the introduction and first chapter of my upcoming book, Smarter, Faster, Cheaper, this Wednesday on TheRiseToTheTop.com!
Make sure to circle back. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #140: How Danny Brown Put Himself On The Social Media Map
- RISE #139: How Rizzo Tees Moonlighted His Way To Online Royalty
- RISE #138: Can The Art Of Storytelling Be Turned Into A Business Model?
- RISE #137: Learn How Tim Ferriss Created An International Sensation For Less Than $10,000 & How He Plans On Doing It Again
- RISE #136: How Sam Silverstein Built A Multi-Million Dollar Business Based Around One Word
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Tuesday and Thursday (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than two months away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).