How about this for a creative way to build a brand and business? Wear a nametag every day for the rest of your life. That is exactly what today’s guest, Scott Ginsberg, decided 10 years ago and he has created a booming business that starts and ends with his wearing of a good old fashioned nametag.
Scott has a diverse business that includes (and this right off his website):
- ENTREPRENEUR. He transformed wearing a nametag into a six figure enterprise. His publishing/consulting company, HELLO, my name is Scott! offers an array of products and services. And, he was voted as St. Louis’s “Young Entrepreneur of the Year,” in 2008 by The St. Louis Small Business Monthly!
- AUTHOR. Scott is the author of twelve books including HELLO, my name is Scott, The Power of Approachability, How to be That Guy and Make a Name for Yourself.
- NAMETAG TV. In 2008, Scott launched his Online Training Network, NametagTV.com. This interactive learning community teaches approachability through video modules, message boards and other tools. Stick yourself out there!
- SPEAKER. Scott gives presentations, breakout sessions, keynote speeches and seminars to tens of thousands of people each year. He’s shared the stage with bestselling authors/speakers like Jeffrey Gitomer, Jim Collins and Fred Reichheld. Companies and organizations worldwide have been successfully implementing his programs on approachability since 2003.
- …and the list goes on. Scott is also a columnist for a variety of publications and has created the “Nametag Network” of websites including his awesome blog.
Whew. Since RISE is all about learning from the world’s most creative entrepreneurs, I invited Scott on to spill all the beans about how he built his business and brand, including:
- How this all began.
- How he went about turning the nametag idea into a business.
- A snapshot of Scott’s business model.
- The keys to marketing and promoting yourself online and offline.
- How Scott landed his first paid speaking gig.
- How Scott operates his business and gets SO much done.
- Advice for the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
- …oh so much more
Enjoy and, as always, would love to hear your take!
Connect With Scott (and tell him you saw him on RISE!):
This Episode Is Ever-So-Proudly Sponsored By:
Jeff Michelman from Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal, P.C.: Jeff is my attorney and is the man for taking care of all those annoying legal things, including contracts…and anything else you need. Shoot him an email or call him at 314-244-3669 for a FREE consultation on us (and he is the least scary lawyer of all time – ever).
On The Run Mobil: Head over to On The Run’s website to sign up for the home team and get special deals on things like food and gas right to your email. It has been proven that buying gas at On The Run Mobil is 34949595% more fun because they sponsor RISE.
Download the introduction and first chapter of my upcoming book, Smarter, Faster, Cheaper, right here!
Make sure to circle back. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #143: How Greg Ng Created A Web Show & Business Around Eating Frozen Food
- RISE #142: Why the White Collar Brawlers Quit Their Desk Jobs to Become Amateur Boxers (and Turned It Into a Business)
- RISE #141: How the Founder of Shoeboxed.com Created One of the Hottest Tools On the Web For Entrepreneurs
- RISE #140: How Danny Brown Put Himself On The Social Media Map
- RISE #139: How Rizzo Tees Moonlighted His Way To Online Royalty
Final RISE Lunch Of The Year (tickets now on sale):
If you are anywhere near St. Louis, hope you will make it out.
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Tuesday and Thursday (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than two months away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).