I’ve seen it happen many times at events. Chris Reimer walks up to someone and introduces himself. They give a blank stare. Then, he often says, “I’m @rizzotees on Twitter.” And the person’s expression changes from a “who the heck are you?” look to a “ohhhhhhhhhhh, I know who you are!” look.
Chris has a heck of a story that he shares during this interview. And I’m always looking to bring on interesting, creative, unique, passionate entrepreneurs and marketers on the show, so this was a logical fit. He went from a passionless job to building massive online influence (over 42,000 Twitter followers…even though numbers aren’t everything, this gives good context) with a backend business (selling tshirts), and then his life took another twist when he was offered his dream job at Scorch Agency. Interesting.
In this interview, Chris shares it all, including:
- How and why he decided to start Rizzo Tees.
- What he was expecting to build and what he actually built.
- The keys to moonlighting while also working a day job.
- Why he decided to focus so much energy on Twitter.
- The keys to marketing and promoting himself.
- Why he ended up taking a job (and couldn’t be happier)
- …plus much more.
As always, hop into the conversation in the comments and leave your $.02. We all want to hear from you.
Connect With Chris (and tell him you saw him on RISE!):
This Episode Is EVER So Proudly Sponsored By: On The Run Mobil
Head over to On The Run’s website to sign up for the home team and get special deals on things like food and gas right to your email. Sweet. Oh and they wanted me to tell you about $4 Rain X Wash Mondays…only $2 after a Rams win (Go Rams!).
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #138: Can The Art Of Storytelling Be Turned Into A Business Model?
- RISE #137: Learn How Tim Ferriss Created An International Sensation For Less Than $10,000 & How He Plans On Doing It Again
- RISE #136: How Sam Silverstein Built A Multi-Million Dollar Business Based Around One Word
- RISE #135: How Lewis Howes Went From Sleeping On His Sister’s Couch To Becoming THE Authority On LinkedIn
- RISE #134: Robust Wine Bar Sold 4,200 Groupons At $18 Each, But Would They Do It Again?
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Tuesday and Thursday (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than two months away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).