Audio Only Player
Laura Roeder is a cool cat. She isn’t literally a cat, but she has created a interesting business model centered around helping small business owners become rockstars. Not like “grab an instrument” rockstar, but instead a rockstar to a specific niche of people.
I invited Laura on RISE for a few reasons.
- She is super cool and down-to-earth.
- We think similarly, and while I love guests with different opinions of course, sometimes it is fun to pull in someone on the same wavelength.
- She has a lot of great stuff going on that we can all learn from.
In this interview, Laura and I discuss:
- Why she decided to work with small business owners as opposed to corporations.
- Her business model and how she makes money.
- How she has marketed and promoted herself.
- Her platform strategy (this is really interesting).
- Advice for creative entrepreneurs, and much more.
Enjoy this interview with Laura and as always, feel free to hop into the discussion in the comments.
Connect With Laura (and tell her you saw her on RISE!):
This Episode Is Ever-So-Proudly Sponsored By:
On The Run Mobil: Head over to On The Run’s website to sign up for the home team and get special deals on things like food and gas, right to your email. It has been proven that buying gas at On The Run Mobil is 34949595% more fun because they sponsor RISE.
Feedblitz: I use Feedblitz for email marketing and I love it. Why? Because it is all automated. Our subscribers receive shows and updates when, where, and how they want to receive it. And you don’t even need to click the send button. Feedblitz does it for you. You can try a 60-day FREE TRIAL on us.
Ecamm Call Recorder For Mac: For the side-by-side Skype interviews, I use Ecamm Call Recorder. Best $20 ever spent. You can watch exactly how I use it and which settings I use right here. You can pick it up right here (and enter RISE at checkout for 20% off…sweet). It also comes with all kinds of cool tools so you can make an MP3 out of the video and convert it for the Internet. Neat.
Download the introduction and first chapter of my upcoming book, Smarter, Faster, Cheaper, right here!
Make sure to circle back. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book. And don’t forget – the book comes out on December 7th!
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #147: How Chris Ducker Went From Chained To A Desk To Running His Company Virtually In Less Than 365 Days
- RISE #146: Marketing 3.0: Why Rackspace Hired The Most Influential Tech Blogger In The World, Robert Scoble
- RISE #145: How Shama Kabani Built Her Massive Online Influence Through Social Media
- RISE #144: How Scott Ginsberg Turned Wearing A Name Tag Into A Six Figure Business
- RISE #143: How Greg Ng Created A Web Show & Business Around Eating Frozen Food
Reminders & News:
Subscribing: There are new episodes of RISE every Tuesday and Thursday (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday feature articles, blog posts, and other videos) featuring unique entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other interesting folks here to help you build your business. You can hear about them first and have them directly delivered to you in a few different ways:
RSS: You can subscribe via RSS right here.
RISE is mobile friendly (sweet!) and can also be viewed right from the site on your mobile phone or iPad.
Connect With David & Hop Into The Conversation:
Book Update: Less than ONE WEEK away from the launch of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Check out the book website and I hope you will pre-order your copy (and 10 more for your closest friends *wink*).