I use RISE partner Wistia for video hosting because they rock. Check ’em out.
Audio Only Player
NOTE: Michael was cool enough to be giving away a signed copy of his book Launch to a member of the RISE community (SWEET!). Whomever promotes this interview in the most creative way (and tells us about it in the comments) will get the book shipped to them. Let the fun begin.
Michael Stelzner knows a thing or two when it comes to building a passionate audience and building a successful media business. Already on the show once before, Michael is the founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com. He created Social Media Examiner a couple years ago for around $5,000. And take a look at what has happened since:
- 50+ “A-List”, high-quality bloggers contribute high-quality articles, videos, etc. monthly.
- They have literally millions of page views and nearly 86,000 email subscribers in 19 months.
- Social Media Examiner went from an unknown to a powerhouse in just a few months.
- They are running successful online events that thousands of people pay for.
- Revenue went from $0 to over $1,000,000 in less than one year.
- Michael is having the time of his life and is excited about his business every day.
And now Michael has taken the knowledge he has accumulated by doing and put it all into his new book Launch: How To Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond The Competition.
I was lucky enough to grab Michael today to share some of the concrete strategies he used so we can all steal them and use them. Enjoy!
About Today’s Guest, Michael Stelzner:
Michael Stelzner is the founder of Social Media Examiner – a popular online magazine that helps businesses answer social media questions with useful ‘how to’ articles, in-depth case studies, expert interviews, and original research. He’s author of the new book Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition. He also authored the book Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged and the Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
As an innovative thought leader and experienced marketer, Stelzner has gained the full respect of social media leaders and business marketing experts alike. In less than 18 months, SocialMediaExaminer.com grew from infancy to boasting over 80,000 subscribers and is now the top small business blog in the world according to Technorati. He also pioneered the highly popular Social Media Success Summits, which have sold out for two years in a row – in the middle of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. The principles that Stelzner teaches are the very concepts that helped him build two highly successful businesses that made him a leading expert in both industries.
Connect With Michael (and tell him you saw him on RISE!):
On His Website
Grab a Copy of His New Book, Launch: How To Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond The Competition
This Episode Of The Rise To The Top Is Exclusively Sponsored By HubSpot:
Today’s The Rise To The Top episode is sponsored by HubSpot, which has just published an amazing collection of 101 quotes from some of the most influential thought leaders in marketing. This ebook, titled “101 Awesome Marketing Quotes” is meant for you to read, embrace and share with your co-workers and friends who can use some marketing inspiration. Download your free copy today at hubspot.com/risetothetop.
Subscribe To RISE:
You can join the 100,000+ RISE enthusiasts and catch new episodes every week, featuring conversations with unique guests on TheRiseToTheTop.com, as well as iTunes (video and audio) and now on your television via Roku and Connected TV.
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #209: Why Jason Calacanis Is Betting All His Chips On Web Video
- RISE #208: How To Create An Awesome Social Media Stunt: Advice From Digital Royalty’s Amy Martin
- RISE #207: Simple Nutrition Tips Anyone Can Put To Use With UFC’s Urijah Faber
- RISE #206: Lessons & Stories From Michael Buckley: The YouTube Celebrity With Over 1,000,000 Subscribers
- RISE #205: Behind-The-Scenes Of Keith and The Girl: The Secrets Of One The Internet’s Top Comedy Shows
Show the world you are fluff-free with an official fluff-free t-shirt!
Have you nabbed a copy of my book Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business? You can grab the first chapter for free right here, and you can buy it on Amazon or anywhere books are sold.