So, in April on my birthday I announced that I signed a book deal with Wiley and told a bit of the story about how the book deal happened and some other goodies to hopefully fire up all of our imaginations.
Because the book isn’t about me. It isn’t about bragging to the world how amazing I am (I’ll let my dad awkwardly write the book…I’m sure it will be short). It is a book to help all of us: The hustling, brand-building, caffeinated entrepreneur.
The book is now available for pre-sale on Amazon.com. I’d recommend purchasing 7 (just kidding..but seriously seven is a good number). It is actually slashed in price today to just a couple of cups of coffee.
The official title is Smarter, Faster, Cheaper. With the delicious tagline of “Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business
The idea behind Smarter, Faster, Cheaper is simple.
The goal is to help you save time, money, and aggravation in building your business.
Especially with the huge recent shifts in the way enterprises are built, marketed, and monetized, these are “wild west” times for business. In this new landscape, entrepreneurs like us and small business owners want an edge in marketing without spinning their wheels or going broke (unless you like going broke…in that case..you are weird).
The book is designed as an innovative, approachable new guide on how to build and improve your business using a combo of concrete ideas to spark you (sort of like a buffet), stories from hundreds of interviews with big thinkers and entrepreneurs to get you inspired and also a smattering of my own story…with the hope that there are some takeaways you can use. Oh and also make you laugh, hehe.
As with everything, I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on how to market and promote the book. Why? Because I trust you guys and gals more than anyone. You are hustling, creative entrepreneurs and marketers.
There is some great advice out there from authors and big thinkers (all former guests and friends) who I definitely listen to including (just a few of many) Chris Brogan, Steve Garfield, David Meerman Scott and Seth Godin. But I’d love to hear from you.
In fact, when I kicked out this question on Twitter and Facebook I was OVERWHELMED and humbled by the responses. Wow. A bunch of them are below.
Feel free to add your own.
Here are a few of my ideas (realize the book site will be part of TheRiseToTheTop.com and will launch in a few weeks with all kinds of goodies):
1. New Media Tour: If you are a blogger, content creator, media source you will be able to get a complimentary copy of the book. And I’d be happy to come on later this year (official date of release is December 8th) for an interview, a guest article, etc. There will be a simple form to fill out to get one.
2. Bulk Bonuses: Similar to Gary Vaynerchuk I plan on offering some bonuses for those buying multiple books. Stuff like Skype sessions with me to talk about your business or idea. Or have me come speak with you/your organization. I’m definitely open for ideas here.
3. Tweet Ups/Get Togethers/Events
5. Free downloadable chapter. No email capture or anything like that.
6. Bonus videos, podcasts and interviews.
…and many more ideas 😉
Ideas from Facebook & Twitter Friends: